Spinach and Potato Hot Pot
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 4 potatoes chopped in chunks
- 4 tomatoes chopped in chunks
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, drain and set aside.
- Heat two teaspoons of oil (or water) in a pan, add onion and garlic and fry over low heat. until brown. Add the spices and fry unil fragrant, cover the onion and garlic with the spices. If cooking with water, add more if needed to ensure the mixture doesn’t burn.
- Add the cooked potatoes and cover in onion and garlic mix
- Add tomatoes and cook for another two-five minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Stir to combine the ingredients well, taste and adjust flavour if needed.
- Serve with brown rice, barley, buckwheat, bulgur wheat or millet.
Photo: House of Vizion