Chocochip Banana Muffins
Leozette Roode, The South African Vegan Cookbook
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon flaxseed powder, mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup soymilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 160 g dark chocochips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Spray a muffin pan or line with cupcake paper cups.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed powder with 3 tablespoons water and allow to stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Mash the bananas in big mixing bowl, add the soy milk, oil, vanilla essence & flax-egg mixture & stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift all the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix the wet ingredients into the dry batch. Add choc-chip & fold in.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of sticky batter into each muffin cup & bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and test if it’s cooked: stick a toothpick into the middle of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it’s ready!
Variety: Swop chocolate chips with raspberries, chopped dates or nuts.