Rosemary Mushroom Risotto
Recipe and photo from CTVeganista
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 punnet of brown mushrooms sliced
- Dried mixed herbs
- 125 g 1/4 packet Arborio or Risoni rice
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- Garlic flakes
- Chili flakes
- 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary (one chopped and one whole for garnish)
- In a big pan or skillet, heat the olive oil on medium to high temperature (setting 4)
- Fry the onions till translucent, add garlic and mushrooms and stir frequently until mushrooms and onions starts to brown
- Add the rice and dried mixed herbs and stir well, coating the rice in the juices from the pan
- Turn down the temperature (setting 3).
- Add a big scoop full of stock to the pan, covering the rice mixture, and let it simmer over low heat. Stir continuously (in one direction only) until all the stock is absorbed.
- Add another big scoop and continue to stir. Repeat until all the stock is used and the rice is creamy and soft (about 20 minutes of cooking). In between scoops, add chopped rosemary, garlic flakes, chilli flakes and ground pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with a sprig of fresh rosemary as garnish