Cashew Cream Mini Cheesecakes
Recipe Credit: Amy Webster, Humane Society of the United StatesPhoto Credit: Amanda Ma
- 1 cup spitted date
- 1 cup raw nuts use walnuts or almonds
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked 4 hours or overnight
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 5.4 fl.oz can of coconut cream (about ½ cup + 2 Tbsp)
- ½ cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate Add 5 Tbsp cocoa powder to filling and ½ cupcrushed dairy-free chocolate chips for the topping
- Blueberries Add 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (or useblueberry jam) to the filling + whole blueberries for the topping
- Make the crust first. Place cupcake papers in12-slot muffin pan.
- Add pitted dates to a food processor and mix until it is ground and forms a ball. Remove the dates from food processor and set aside.
- Add nuts to the food processor and mix until fully ground. Add the dates back in and blend until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Place a heaping spoonful of crust mixture to each cupcake paper and press with fingers.
- Place pan in freezer while you make the filling.
- In a blender or Vitamix, add the filling ingredients. Blend on high until silky smooth.
- If flavoring with blueberry, add the blueberries to the blender and mix until smooth. Or, add blueberries (or blueberry jam) to plain cheesecakes in the pan and swirl in.
- For chocolate cheesecakes, add the cocoa powder to the blended mixture and swirl in crushed chocolate chips once poured into cheesecakes.
- Pour cheesecake filling into cupcake tin,dividing evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and place into freezer until completely set—about 4-6 hours.
- Enjoy frozen or remove from freezer for 10-15minutes to allow cheesecakes to thaw before eating.