CARROT CAKE OATMEAL
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup Soy/nut milk
- 8 dates chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Place the oats, Rugani Juice and nut/soy milk in a small pot and bring to the boil. Once bubbling, turn down the heat and let the oats simmer.
- Add in the dates (or raisins), cinnamon powder, ginger powder and salt. Cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until the is soft and creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract / essence and walnuts.
- Scoop into bowls and garnish with the toppings.
- Add more nut/soy milk for a runnier porridge and mashed banana, maple or date syrup for extra sweetness.
- Instead of cooking, mix all ingredients together in a bowl and place in the fridge overnight to enjoy the next morning.