EatKind is a campaign to encourage people to begin their journey to protecting the planet, animals and their health by cutting down, or cutting out, animal products and embracing plant-based foods.
As consumers we all have the power to create change. You can stand up for a fairer, kinder food system every time you sit down to eat.
Across the globe, millions of people are giving their bodies a boost, helping to spare animals from the misery of confinement in factory farms, and contributing to a more sustainable future by making compassionate eating choices. By reducing or replacing consumption of animal products, they’re helping to create a healthier and more humane world. Will you join the EatKind movement?
By taking the EatKind pledge you can also choose to receive plant based recipes, news and tips for plant based eating.
This year Humane Society International UK and The Vegan Society are working together to improve vegan catering on airlines. We know that’s it’s not always easy for vegans to order or receive suitable food whilst flying and we think it is time for this to change.
We want to see plant-based options being more widely available, easier to order, and made to appeal to everyone – not just vegans. This would be more inclusive, better for the environment and better for animals.
You can now share your experience of vegan meals on airlines and even share photos. This will help to encourage airlines to improve what they offer to their vegan customers and create a rating based on your review.
Here are some images you can share on social media to help us to gain support for the campaign.
Not sure where to start? Here are some ideas for tweets. Don’t forget to tag your chosen company.
- Please add #vegan options to your standard inflight menu – better for the environment and animals as well as being more inclusive! #veganonthego #flyve #eatkind
- With the huge rise in veganism it would be fantastic to see you provide more #vegan options on your flights #veganonthego #flyve #EatKind
- Flying as a #vegan can be tricky – what are you doing to cater for your plant-based passengers? #veganonthego #flyve #eatkind
- Thank you for providing #vegan options on your inflight menu! #veganonthego #flyve #eatkind
- Please add more vegan options to help me #eatkind
List of companies’ twitter accounts:
Martin Freeman wants us to Eat Kind
EatKind is supported by one of Britain’s best-loved actors, Martin Freeman, who says:
“When it comes to solving huge issues like climate change and animal suffering, it’s easy to feel helpless as an individual. EatKind empowers us all to realise that by making simple changes to what we put on our plates, we can help animals, protect the planet and benefit our own health—whilst enjoying delicious and nutritious food at the same time.”