CHICK(PEA) PESTO-MAYO SARMIE
- 3 cups cups cooked chickpeas (drained and skins removed)
- 1 avocado pitted
- 3 stalks of celery (washed and finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp egg-free mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Pesto Princess Basil Lemon Pesto
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- fresh herbs (sprouts or microgreens of choice)
- 2 tbsp Pesto Princess Classic Hummus
- corn cakes (lettuce leaves, wholegrain toast or whole wheat wraps to eat the smash with.)
- In a big mixing bowl, smash up the chickpeas and avocado with a fork, potato masher or food processor until you reach a chunky consistency.
- In a small bowl, mix the Pesto Princess Basil Lemon Pesto into the egg-free mayonnaise.
- Add the chopped celery, pesto-mayonnaise, lemon juice, and fresh herbs or microgreens and mix through.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Spread the Princess Princess hummus on the insides of two slices of bread. Add the filling along with any additional salad vegetables such as leafy greens, tomato, cucumber, gherkins, and top with toasted nuts and seeds or onion sprinkles.
- Close the sandwich and enjoy.
Photo credit: Human & Rousseau/Myburgh du Plessis